Hello Everyone!
I'm sorry I didn't write very much last week, it was a crazy P-day! We're trying to have more of a relaxing P-day today and actually get what we need to done! And I'll try to be a little more descriptive about some of the major events that happened this week.
Well...we had a huge week planned with 23 tremins! It was great! But then on wednesday we had 7 tremins planned!....and...6 out of the seven fell out...ouch...so that was a rough day! We had quite a few on the other days fall out as well. But so is the missionary life. I related missionary work to dating this week (I'm working on my analogies because my companion is amazing at them). So here's my analogy: With dating if you get in a relationship and it doesn't work out it is actually for the better. You shouldn't feel down for very long because it wasn't the right person, and now that it is over you have the opportunity to find the right one. Well...so is it with missionary work. Everyone needs the gospel but not everyone is ready for it just yet. She when an appoinment falls out we can look at it like a blessing, because maybe they weren't ready and we have time to go find someone who is! ..........ok I'll keep working on the analogies........ Just trying to keep a positive attitude :) and that made us laugh.
But with along with the disappointments this week came many amazing experiences! We decided on Thursday that we were going to be better at planning. So during out OYMing time (open your mouth) we planned out exactly the streets we would walk down. We did this so the Lord could lead his prepared children into our path. So we prayed that he would and had faith that it would happen. Then we started down the street. We didn't have as much time as we had planned but we decided to try to go as far as we could on the path planned. So we started down the street with not much success. Then it was time to turn around and head back. As we did so we met a man. We introduced ourselves and didn't even say much about the church. Almost immediately he asked us if we were Jehova's witnesses, we said no and said who we were again. He said he didn't have a lot of time at the moment but he had a concern that he wanted to talk about, and we might be able to help him. We told him we would love to and we made out a tremin for this coming week!!! WOW!!! Contacts like that are few and far between! So we're praying that the tremin will go through and we'll be able to help him out. But that is not where our story ends. We kept walking and Sister Jensen glansed up at a former investigators apartment and saw him waving to us. So we decided to go by real quick. He came down to the front door and told us that we were an answer to his prayer. His mother had passed away the day before and he needed some sort of solace, he needed someone that understood that he was a child of God. Then he looked out the window and saw us! So we were able to comfort him a little by telling him that he truly would be with his mother again and that she was very happy right now. He told us to come back in a few days when he is not so sad and we can talk more! We headed back to our car and needless to say we were very happy! I'm very grateful Heavenly Father is in control of this work!
Another cool experiences this week was with a progressive investigator! He is SO close to baptism but wasn't sure about the whole thing. So we planned a lesson about the steps to baptism and why we need it. We meet in the church so we planned out a little course. We started in one room and put der Glaube (Faith) on the door. Then we talked about faith in Jesus Christ and we it was so necessary. We asked him if he had faith in Jesus Christ and he said yes, so we moved into the next room. In the next room there was another door that said Umkehr (Repentance) and we talked about repentance and why it is necessary. We asked him if he would try his best to repent every day. He said yes and we went into the next room. Then on the next door was die Taufe und die Gabe des Heiligen Geistes (baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost). We then went over the rest of the baptismal interview questions with him and asked him if he was willing to obey them. He said yes and so we said that he could see what was in the next room. So we went in and we had set up on the table a picture of Christ. We explained how we prepare to take His name upon us. We make sacred covenants with him and he promises to always be with us through the Holy Ghost. He told us that he would like to be baptized! YAHOO!!!! We didn't get to set a date because he has a few more concerns that we are going to cover tomorrow but hopefully we'll be able to set a date tomorrow! He is so awesome! And then he said before he left, I always feel so great when I leave here. I said me too!!!
Being a missionary is absolutely amazing! I have a lot of help from Heavenly Father! I have progressed greatly with the language! Sister Jensen has helped me a whole lot! But I can understand almost everything now. There are many words I don't know but I can usually get the meaning from the context. I have been able to help a lot more with lessons and express what I mean a lot more!
I was teaching an investigator about the atonement the other day and about the process of repentance and what it is. As I was describing the pain that our Savior went through for us I felt the spirit flood over me it seemed. It witnessed to me again how much our Savior loves us and how much we need his everlasting Atonement! It is so wonderful to be able to teach such wonderful truths!
I also had a fun first this week! We had a Fasching Party this week with the branch! Fasching is huge in Germany. It during the whole month of February and you have parties and everyone dresses up, kind of like Halloween but its not gory and creepy, more funny costumes. Then we play fun games and there was a choir of old ladies here that sang some fun songs for us! Then we just ate and ate and ate! It was really funny. I'll send pictures.
Ok...well I hope that was sufficient for this week and maybe some of last week! I love you all and I pray for you all the time! The church is so true! We are so blessed to know through the Book of Mormon his marvelous plan for us! I'm so grateful that Joseph Smith had the faith to pray with his whole soul to find out the truth! I know he restored the gospel and translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. We can return to our Heavenly Father and live together as eternal families! It is a PERFECT plan!
I love you have hope to hear from you soon!
Viele Dank und Alles Gute!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment