Liebe Familie und Freunden,
It has been a fabulous week! We had a lot of tremins fall out..(which we realized were many more than we thought after we did numbers yesterday) but we had so many wonderful experiences this week! We also had a few...interesting experiences :)
So here are some of the highlights:
On Tuesday we were talking to people on the street because we were a little early to an appointment. So we talked to this middle aged man and he was carrying a bag of jars...which is a good indicator that they could be drunk. But we talked to everyone so we talked to him. As soon as we started talking to him he started stroking my arm (it is not that strange because Germans are really really touchy people, lots of the men touch your arms and I've had a few old ladies pat my bum...a little awkard to say the least). As we talked he kept stroking my arm and he said that he would like to recieve a Book of Mormon and hear more. So we got his address and while Sister Jensen was writing down his address he told me, "Ich habe euch Lieb." Which means that he loves us. Haha I wasn't quite sure what to say, so I didn't say anything. Then we told him we would see him later and left, I told Sister Jensen what he said and she said Really?! Apparently she missed that. Haha a little creepy, but we went by and he wasn't home, maybe we'll try back later.
On Thursday it was Sister Jensen's one year on a mission birthday. So we ate ice cream at district conference and then we got these things called schneeballs (snowballs) and its just like a ball of sugar cookies with other flavoring, it was good! And then we ate ice cream at our apartment with some delicious bean dip! YUM! it was a good celebration! (no wonder I'm getting fat..)
On Friday we had a cool finding experience! I've been struggling with being scared to talk to people..because its a little scary :) But on Friday I just decided I wasn't going to be scared any more, and I told my companion that we should talk to absolutely everyone no matter how awkard the situation may seem. So we went out and for 2 1/2 hours we talked to people on the street and we talked to EVERYONE! It felt so great! And the time went by so fast! And I prayed that the people would be able to understand me and one German complimented me on how good my German was! It was wonderful! Then on the way home we met three different people from Turkey, Kenya, and Africa. We talked to them and all three said that they would like a Book of Mormon in their mother language! So we made out three appointments! It was AWESOME! When we have faith instead of fear and work through Him we truly can do amazing things!
On Saturday we met with one of our awesome investigator! (all of our investigators are awesome) He knows so much and is so strong! So we decided to talk about Goals with him. After a long tremin with many tangents about other important things we asked him what his goals were. He said that he wanted to be healthy and become a member of the church. So we asked him if he would like to set a goal to be baptized and he said YES!!!! And he set his date for March 20 which is the last Sunday of this transfer so we will both get to be there!! YAHOO!!!! It is so wonderful! He is so awesome, we are very excited for him!
We had many wonderful experiences this week and I have learned a lot and grown in ways I didn't know were possible! I love being a missionary and I'm very grateful for such a wonderful opportunity! It is so wonderful to be a part of people changing their lives and coming closer to Christ! I know this church is true with all my heart! I find comfort in the Book of Mormon and other Holy Scriptures and through earnest prayer with my Heavenly Father. He has helped me to realize my weaknesses and make them strengths and helped me see a glimpse of my true potential as I help others come to him. I love you all! Thank you so much for your example and help throughout my life!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Tonya Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment