Hello my wonderful family!
I am in the MTC! I don't know if I believe it yet, but here I am!!! This is my first P-day here in the MTC so I apologize that it has taken me so long to e-mail, it will be every thursday from now until December 28th when I depart from the MTC. The first week here in the MTC has been an amazing adventure! My companion is sure enough...Sister Browne from Ireland :) we met before we came to the MTC on facebook and got to know each other a little there. She is simply wonderful, she likes to call me crazy and a freak sometimes :) because we are so different but I think she is the one that is a little crazy :). I am picking up on her Irish accent a little and another English elder that is in my district, it is pretty funny to speak German with an English accent :) My district is wonderful as well! We have eight elders and me and Sister Browne. Sometimes it does feel like I'm babysitting a bunch of 19 year olds, but most of the time it is very enjoyable and I have a lot to learn about each of them. I am rooming with two other sisters going to the Berlin mission, Sister Andersen and Sister Peltier. We have so much fun for the hour we see each other at night and we have a hard time staying quiet after 10:15 but we are trying to be obedient. We have a very loaded schedule here at the MTC, there is hardly time to get to the next activity, but it is nice to stay busy. I do find time every now and then to lie down before gym for a couple of minutes, but nothing more.
German is coming along, and yes I have already passed everything I learned in five years of German in school in just over a week. We already know how to pray, bear testimony, contact, and much more in German. I try to use it as much as possible and I am understanding a little more every day. I am kind of concerned with how high my voice is :) all of the Germans are so powerful and my voice is so small...I'm praying I won't stick out like a sore thumb :)
This week Elder Ballard came for our devotional! It was wonderful! Apparently this is the third week in a row that we have had an apostle come for the fireside. They don't tell us who is speaking until they walk in so it was a wonderful surprise! He told us we need to pray to be "master communicators" and that we can bring the spirit every time we teach! He also reminded us that we are not alone in the work, it is His work he is just using us as tools to communicate His message to His children. I have been working on trusting the Lord more and relying on Him in all that I do.
I also had my first TRC lesson on Tuesday (teaching resource center). This is where volunteer investigators come to help the missionaries practice teaching. We had to go into the "park" (rooms) and contact three investigators in German, and then we sat down with one and taught the first lesson in English. It was so wonderful!!!! We have a lot of work to do but the spirit was there. There is nothing like sharing personal experiences and testifying of truth, even if it is to members pretending to be investigators. I am so excited to learn more and study study study! We have a lot of time to schedule out our own studying and I am learning a lot on my own. I have the first vision memorized auf Deutsch (in German) and am working on memorizing a scripture a day.
Ok I don't have much more time but I just want to say that the church is true and I am so excited to be here! I know I am supposed to be here and I feel so comfortable and at home, because I know this is where He wants me!
I love you so much! Keep the letters coming, I love them so much!!!!
Liebe,
Sister Smith
(we do refer to ourselves as sister even though its schwester in German, I'm not sure why, but that is how it is in many missions)
No comments:
Post a Comment