Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week #2 Letter


Another wonderful week here at the MTC!  I'm on a set schedule and I have the hang of how things work around here.  I have learned SO much this week!  It is incredible how much they can cram in your head and you actually remember it with the help of the Spirit.  I know I definitely couldn't do it without it!  We even go periods of time now without speaking English.  My German is really broken and I have to look up words but I am speaking a lot!  Spiritually the lessons have been amazing!!! This week we had the honor and privillege of having Sheri Dew AND Elder Bednar come to the MTC.   They had so many wonderful things to say and I learned so much!  Each of them gave me something to apply in my teaching and in making me a better person and missionary.  I have also found SO MUCH power through my personal study of the scriptures this week.  I have found answers to countless questions daily.  I know that when we go to the scriptures with and answer [I think she means question] he WILL answer us through the words of through and our own thoughts. 
I am trying to stay disciplined even when the little Elders and very noisy and aren't on task, that has been my greatest challenge I feel.  They are getting better and we are all growing together but it takes a lot of self mastery to do missionary work. 
This week I learned how to get to know people better.  As my social skills are well...less than perfect...I practiced on teachers with Sister Browne and we got a lot better and figuring out where they are on their spiritual journey.  It has been a wonderful experience!
It still feels like home here in the MTC and I greatly appreciate all those who have written to me!  I will do my very best to get back to you as soon as possible!  I can only write on P-day so when my hand cramps up I have to stop writing :) but I love all of the letters!!!
Besides that...gym is fun! I think I may have gained a little weight back which is great!  But I think it is more because I am running every day and lifting as well.  I feel great and the food is wonderful :) I do love Wednesday and Sunday when we get ice cream :)
Ok my wonderful family (and any friends that might see this) I love you all and I want you to know that I have an unshakeable testimony of my Savior and the work I am doing for him!  It is a great responsibility to wear His name, but we all do all the time.  We are constantly representatives of Him and what He would want to be done here on the Earth.  Let us be faithful and go out to do His work and brings His children home into His warm arms!!! What a marvelous work!  Ich liebe meine himmlischer Vater und ich weiss dass er eine Plan fur uns haben.  Ich bin eine Missionarin fur Ihn und ich will arbeitet mein am besten! 
I love you all!  Please keep praying for me as I am for you!
Liebe,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment