Liebe Familie und Freunde,
It has been an absolutely amazing week :)
they just keep getting better and better!!! I wish I could just send a
movie clip of my week :) but we'll just have to watch it in heaven
together. I will try to give a few highlights for now :)
Finding: We have been so busy with appointments that we are having a
hard time keeping finding time planned, but somehow, with the Lord's
help we are able to do enough finding to make out at least one new
appointment every day! It is absolutely incredible!
Teaching/Baptizing: This week we have taught some of the most amazing
lessons I have ever been a part of! I have noticed this week that
people have different smiles :) and there is a distinct spiritual smile
that almost everyone has as they learn about spiritual truths! I have
seen it so many times this week and it is one of the most rewarding
things in the world!! Sister Peltier and I have been teaching better
together and getting to know the scriptures better and we are feeling
more and more prepared to follow the Spirit as we teach. We still have
SO much work to do but it is nice to notice improvement.
We met with the absolutely Golden investigator this week :) and...she is
a Gold mine!!! As we were teaching her she couldn't hold still because
she was so excited!!! We taught her about the restoration of the
gospel and it was then that she realized how much of a miracle it was
that she found the only two missionaries in Bielefeld for the only
church with the fulness of the gospel! She was so happy that she stood
up and gave us a hug in the middle of the lesson!!! She had already
read through Alma in a week! She told us about the stories in the Book
of Mormon and how they apply to her :) it was absolutely AMAZING!!! Then
we told her that she could set a date to get baptized right now :) she
got so excited!!! So we set a date for 11-11-2011. :) the date fits her
personality so well. She is the most loving amazing happy-go-lucky
girl I have ever met :). We consider ourselves SO blessed to be able to
be here when she was so ready to hear the gospel!
We have also had many many more wonderful lessons this week! One
investigator has been preparing for baptism and with a full time job he
has been reading for an hour every day in the Book of Mormon! 9
investigators were at church again :) and our bishop was astonished, it
was fun to see! The blessings have been poured out, so much that we
really don't have room enough to receive them :) we are going to have to
be better planners to accomidate (I think I slaughtered the spelling on
that one).
Keep: Our newest member has been a great help! He is always willing to
come on joint teaches and bears wonderful testimony. He has been
called as the President of the investigator class and he has been loving
it :) he is our best member at greeting and getting to know the
investigators.
Other: We had Präsident Interviews this week and it was absolutely
amazing! We learned more about the Atonement from Präsident Pimentel
and it was absolutely amazing! Every time I study the Atonement I
realize just how much I don't know. We can rely on the Savior to do
things that "normal" beings can't do! When things get hard and we don't
think we can give more, we need to rely on the Savior to help us go
above and beyond the boundaries of normality! I want to challenge you
all to study the Atonement again and how to let it be more a part of
your life! (with every lesson comes a commitment).
The work of the Lord is going on unstopped by Satans puny arm! There
are many many hard things that are happening in the world, but there are
many many miracles happening every day! I know with all of my heart
that this is the church of Jesus Christ again on the earth in its
fulness! We are so blessed to know of the things that we need to do to
be with our Heavenly Father again, and oh how grateful I am that He has
made it possible throught Jesus Christ that I can have my wonderful
family for all ETERNITY!!! I love you all! Thank you so much for your
love and support! I pray for you all and I know Heavenly Father has you
in His sight, He can take care of us better than anyone on this Earth.
I love you!
Until next week,
Leibe Grüße,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment