Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letter on Jan 17th, 2011 from Halderstadt

Guten Morgen Familie und Freunden!

It has been an amazing week here in the little city of Halberstadt.  I have learned a lot and I continue to learn more about myself each and every day.  We have found a new investigator this week and we were able to teach my first new investigator!  It was incredible!  Introducing someone to the gospel and seeing their thoughts and feelings about it is such a blessing.  And I participated in the lesson more than I have been able to so it was very fun!  I'm still kind of a back up speaker for Sister Jensen because I don't understand everything that is being said, but I defintely understand more than before!  Some people I can understand really well because their German is really clean, but others talk so fast or with a different accent and I don't quite have an ear for that yet. 
We lost our baptismal date this week, he just isn't ready for it yet, so we will keep working with him and set another date that is more reasonable.  But he did come to church yesterday!  Along with two of our other investigators!  It was a wonderful day at church!  The spirit was strong in our little branch.  And this week our other investigator prayed for us TWICE!!! It was amazing!  He has more work to do but we even explained to him ALL of the commandments in the baptismal interview and he didn't really have a problem with any of it!  It was incredible!  The Law of Chastity, Word of Wisdom, Tithing, Fasting and Fast Offering is a lot to take in!  And he complained jokingly but has followed everything we have told him!  So we're going to try to set up a Tauftremin (baptismal date) this week! 
We had Präsident interviews this week, so we got to travel up to Hannover and get to know the Präsident a little bit more and our zone.  It was fun to see some of the other Goldens and learn from the Präsident!  He is so wonderful!  He truly cares about each one of us and makes us feel really good about ourselves even when critisizing us to do better.  That is the kind of person I want to be. 
We found a guy this week that didn't speak German but he said he spoke French or English, so we contacted him in English and it was so WEIRD!!!  I felt so awkward talking in English, but I definitely was able to express myself a little more.  I will work on that in German. 
Thank you for all of your love and support.  This is a marvelous work and I joy in studying the gospel and sharing my testimony with those around me who don't know anything about our loving Heavenly Father.  How blessed we are to know he has a plan for us and a place prepared for us to come home to Him.  What a marvelous blessing that is! 
Ich liebe mein Erlöser, Jesus Christus.  Er ist mein Kraft in alles, was ich machen.  Ich werde über ihn belehren!  Die Kirch Jesu Christi der Heiligen der Letzen Tag ist die wahre Kirche auf der Erde! 
Bis nexte Woche!  (until next week)
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Smith

Now for more pictures from the MTC:  










Just reading about Shauna, her sister's announcement



























Now they are off to their separate parts of the world!  God Speed Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment