| This picture was posted by the mission presidents wife on the Berlin Germany Mission blogspot! She is there! |
The work in Halberstadt and surrounding cities is moving forward! We have one of the smallest branches in the mission, about 10 members alltogether, 5 or 6 from one family. It is a new experience coming from a city with 4 or 5 stakes to a branch with 6 cities with 10 members. At least we know we won't run into many people that we don't need to share the truth with. Street contacting is an every day activity and an adventure for me! I am getting less and less shy every day, but the first person every day is still a little bit of a challenge. And of course I don't understand most of what people are saying. We take turned approaching and then Sister Jensen takes over. I have had a couple conversations with people! I'm very happy that i am beginning to understand and i can respond every now and then. We met a guy on the street the other day and i asked him, ´´Glauben Sie an Gott?´´ Which means do you believe in God, and he thought i said something like "Haben Sie Gold?" Which means do you have gold, ya so pretty much he thought we were salesladies or something, or trying to rob him, one of the two. It was pretty funny.
We have met a couple people that said we could call or come by since I have been here, which is great! So we will work on that. We have roughly 5 progressive investigators, I have met a couple so far. It is a such a joy to teach people things that I have always known and have brought me great joy in my life! Even if I can only contribute a few sentences here and there for now.
We are well fed here! Luckily the food is very good! Not as much sugar as in America, but that is a good thing as soon as I get used to a little more bland taste. The members feed us well and make sure we eat until our skirts don't fit any more, and then they send us away with food or chocolate. Luckily in a small branch they are very missionary oriented and we have a lot of help from the members for lessons.
We live in a beautiful apartment! We live above our church and the building is amazing! We are very spoiled to have such a wonderful building for our little branch. This Sunday I got to meet the branch members (at least as much as I could pick up from what they told me). We had 3 investigators at church which was great! A member of the Branch presidency asked me if I would give my testimony in sacrament meeting (since nearly everyone does anyways) and then introduce myself before sunday school. He also asked me to give a talk next week for 10-12 minutes....that should be exciting! But the members assure me that my German is very good for not even a week in Germany yet, so i will try not to be too nervous.
Well i feel like i have said too much for now, i would just like you to know that i am doing very well!! I am loving Germany except the cold, but it hasn't been too terrible, it even sounds like Utah is better than here. It has been an amazing 1°C here during the day! My companion said I brought the good weather and she is greatful! The sun is actually out today and she just noticed and said ,"The church is true Sister Smith!" And so it is!!!! Most days are very cloudy and snowy here so maybe we'll find some golden contacts out today!
I know this is the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We are all brothers and sisters and we all agreed to Heavenly Fathers plan before this life. My job is to remind His children of the times we had there and what we promised to do here. What a great responsibility it is! We all have this responsibility now that we know the truth. Let us be bold and open our mouths, not fearing man but only wanting to serve our Father! I'm so greatful for my Savior and all that he made possible through His Atonement. In German the word for repent is Umkehren, which means to turn around, let us all turn from those things that are holding us back and turn toward the Lord with trust and love for what He has done for us!
I love you all and I hope this year brings many dreams come true! I hope to hear from you soon! Bis dann, Ich liebe sie!
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment