Hi everyone!
Just back to report on another week in the MTC! I can't believe how fast it is going!!! This week has been a ride for sure!!! First of all, Thanksgiving was AMAZING!!!!! Elder Holland came and spoke to use. We got really good seats and I felt like he kept looking right at me! He brought his family and had his grandkids sang to us! He said that the Hollands were our family for the day and the children were our siblings or neices and nephews! Oh man of course I bawled the whole time! I sure miss my family but it did fill that little hole in my heart for the day! He told us that we better not be homesick! Or we aren't working hard enough, and that we shouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world! He also went over his talk "You Are Not Alone." I recommend you read over it because it is one of the most powerful talks I have ever heard! But it was even better for us! He enhanced it and made it even more powerful! I will definitely never forget that Thanksgiving!!!
This week my companion has had a little bit of a hard time. Our culture is very different from hers and she doesn't take very well to the American sarcasm. So she broke down one day to our Branch President and our district got a talking to. I had tried to speak to her about it and I thought we worked it out but I guess not... Well it turned out to be a really good thing for our district! She told us all that she had almost gone home a couple of times. Of course that ripped me apart as her companion, she said it wasn't me, just the Elders, but I know I can be sarcastic at times too. I have tried to stop. Anyways, because we got to say everything we needed to our district molded back together and there wasn't a huge gap in it any more! I know communication is crucial to any relationship! Lets work with the Lord to make every relationship a success by communication with each other and the Lord.
Sister Browne loved the snow this week!!! She hasn't seen any since she was 4 so it was exciting :) The excitement is contagious!
She had another episode last night though...he Veritgo acted up and 10:30 last night and we had to take and emergency visit to the ER. Around 2:00 AM we returned to our room and she was feeling quite a bit better. She has spent the day resting and I have spent the day trying not to rest :) she is doing well but we have many visits lined up for doctors visits. I pray for her often, please keep her in your prayers as well.
This week we started teaching all in German in the TRC! It was FABULOUS!!! I actually understood most of what they said and it was amazing what I was able to say! Not grammatically correct, but at least they understood! And the spirit manifested of our words even when we didn't know exactly what to say, because we meant it and prayed for the spirit.
Julie B. Beck also came this week!!! wow wow wow!!! We are so blessed! I couldn't stop looking at her and how much she glows!! I want to be like that! I shared that thought at our district devotional review and the Elders told me I do glow :) that was so sweet of them!!!
I have a couple quotes of the week by my awesome companion:
"You always say what's true, ye're worse than me Ma!"
"Ye're like one of those crazy toys you get and you don't know how they work!"
:) quite the compliments huh?!
Well I don't have much more time, but I do want to say I love you all!!! I am growing so much and learning so much about my Savior every day, especially His atonement and what it can do for us! Let us all turn to him in everything!
I love you all!!!
Liebe,
Sister Smith
im glad she is doing so great, she is so positive all the time, i love it I need to be more like her!
ReplyDeleteShe is doing well. I need to be more like her too! I am excited to talk to her on the 28th! Glad you are enjoying her blog :)
ReplyDelete