Hello my dear family,
Happy Thanksgiving!! It is very weird being away from home on the holidays. I think these will definitely be the hardest times away from home because it makes me sad to think that my whole family is together, but I don't regret coming at all in any aspect. I love everyone and I hope on this special day you know how special you are to me and how thankful I am for a loving supportive family. There are so many missionaries here that came without support of any one or against their families will even. I am so blessed to have family and friends willing to support me!
Well it has been another successful week here in the MTC. I have struggled with feeling like I didn't accomplish much at the end of the day earlier in the week. Since then I have been able to learn how to plan better and stick to that plan. When I do that and work really hard through the whole day I feel like I made good use of the time I have given to the Lord. I am very grateful for the teachers that I have here (most of them are RM's not too older than myself) but they have a lot of wonderful knowledge of how to be successful! I am making progress with the language, we reviewed yesterday a lot of what we knew and I was simply amazed!!! It is miraculous how much we learn in so little time! We are teaching our first lesson in all German this week! It is such a challenge but a wonderful experience for sure! It is so good to be challenged again after six months of just working. And what a wonderful challenge!
It is hard to recall things that happen in the week because everything blends together. I realize now why missionaries are so vague in their writing, because every day is like the one before even though you are learning and growing very much! I have enjoyed being the coordinating sister! The sisters in my zone are so close! Every night we get together and sing a hymn in German of course (the hymns are beautiful in German!) And then we pray together and do a jelly roll :) we hold hands and roll up so one person is in the middle of a big group hug! Its nice to have someone to hug when all of the Elders are hugging each other around you all the time!
I am very happy here! Of course there are hard times, like trying to learn the culture and personality of a companion from another country, but we are learning so much from each other and growing together more every day. She says some of the funniest things! A big thing in Ireland is to say, "what's the crack?!" She says it all the time and it makes me laugh so hard! And yesterday she told me, "you are not a yoyo, you are a child of God" :) yoyo doesn't have another meaning in Ireland :) so it is just like it sounds!
Ok family, I am in the laundry room and people running all around me, I'm sorry I'm very distracted and not able to remember much of what I wanted to talk about. But I do know I am here to serve my Heavenly Father and to learn to teach His children and my siblings that are searching for Him. I am so happy to be a disciple of Christ and serve Him with all my heart. I love my Savior and I'm learning more about Him every day, I love Him and I am learning to rely on Him for everything! I love the gospel and this wonderful opportunity in my life!
Hope to hear from you all soon!
Ich leibe dich!
Love,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment