Liebe Familie und Freunde,
It has been an absolutely extraordinary week here in Germany along with some hard times. I am loving the missionary work more and more every day and we have met SO many wonderful people! I'll start with the hard part so I can end wonderful. This last week one of our dear friends in the ward was admitted into the hospital because her leg was swelling up a lot. We got a phone call only two days later to tell us that she had passed away. It was really hard to hear. She had done so much for us, you could say she was the missionary mom in this ward. She set up all of our eating appointments, took car of the apartment when it needed anything, we visited her every other week, and she would even call us early in the morning when it was going to rain so we could dress appropriately. She left a son at home who is in a wheelchair and relied a lot on her, as well as a husband who has to spend eight hours a week in the hospital having some sort of treatments. She is greatly missed and had a wonderful contribution to the ward as well. It was also an opportunity to think about how greatful I am to know that this life isn't the end. I know she is in the spirit world, probably taking care of the missionaries and organizing things and teaching many people herself! She is happy and healthy and waiting patiently to be joined by the ones she loves in this life. I am so grateful for our Savior who suffered, died, and was resurrected so that we can all be together for all eternity with our loving Heavenly Father. I am so greatful that He is in charge!
Now for the wonderful parts! This week as we were going from door to door someone called us and told US that they wanted to know more about the church!!! It was AWESOME!!! Apparently we talked to them on the street 2-3 weeks ago (although we can't remember...) and invited them to learn more. They said that they would come to church and wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon! And the husband came on Sunday! The wife wanted to come as well but had to work. We were able to explain many things to him. It was his first time ever being in a church (he is from Taiwan). He said that he really really enjoyed it and he wants to come back next week! The members were so nice to him and so welcoming, I think he really felt at home. The members are SO important!!! But that was another miracle of someone coming to us :) just life Pres. Uchtdorf promised would start happening in Germany. And we are hearing stories of lots of other missionaries having similar experiences! WAHOO!!!!
We have been able to do a few more splits this week and it has been so much fun! It is so fun to get to know the members one of one and it is also really fun to teach two lessons at the same time :) we are able to get so much more done! We have made out lots of new appointments and have met many many wonderful people!!! Needless to say, the work of the Lord here in Bielefeld continues to go forth!
We had Präsident Interviews this week in Hannover and they were wonderful!!! Präsident Pimentel talked to us about "Building an espri de corps." He explained that it is the perfect unity in a companionship, district and zone that allows us to work together and see success! He related it to sports and how a team has to be united to have success. (Now that's something I could relate too!) So I have been thinking a lot this week about soccer and what kind of things we have done to build the team that we needed to have success. I thought about how my attitude was when my focus was to help build unity in the team and how I encouraged the other people. I have been able to apply the things I learned from many many years in soccer to my companionship now and it has been working really really well! Speaking of soccer...I CANNOT BELIEVE the women's world cup is in Germany...and I am in Germany...and I have no idea what is going on except the brief updates we see when we are in the trains!!!! The members keep me updated well though :) Anyways, so that has been my focus is working on serving my companions more and building an espri de corps in our companionship. It is not very hard, I have two SPECTACULAR companions and we get along really well!
Today we get to travel to Berlin to be at a mission conference and hear from an Area Seventy! I am really excited and we get to go today and spend the night with Sister Hamblin's and my trainer!!! She is serving in Berlin and goes home next transfer so I am really excited to see her again!!!
Ok I feel like I have written a novel already! But the work in moving forward and I am so grateful to be a part of it! I love you all! Thank you so much for the updates! I love to hear from you! Be safe and remember why we are here! The church is true!
Until Next Week!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment