Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 13, 2011 Monday

This letter came last Monday, but I am posting it today on Friday, there should be another one by next week.
She is doing well!  I hope you are reading her letters and writing to her too!
Becky



Liebe Familie und Freunde,
I cannot believe another transfer has come and gone!  Me and Sister Hamblin agree that we blinked and it was gone!  Well as for my destiny in this next transfer according to transfer calls...I will be staying here in Bielefeld and I will get a new companion...and keep my old one!!!  We are going to be a trio!!!  We are SO EXCITED!!!!  And the other Sister that is coming is Sister Peltier.  We were in the MTC together and I absolutely LOVE HER!!!!  We are going to work so well together and it will give us opportunities to do more splits and have more finding time and more appointments!  It will be wonderful!!!  We've been struggling to find place in our little apartment but hopefully she will feel at home when we pick her up tomorrow.  It will be an adventure learning how to work with two companions but we are all so easy going and it will be like a sleepover party every day, but we're missionaries!  So its even better!!  I will keep you updated on the events of the Bielefeld Dritt! 
As for this week...it has been absolutely wonderful!  We have been seeing miracles daily...no hourly...ok really really often!  I will try to highlight a few in my sad attempt to put them on paper...or the computer screen...
We had a wonderful appointment with one of our investigators with a baptismal date!  We get to teach her in English and although it is now harder to teach the lessons in English, I was able to express myself in some aspects a little better.  The spirit was so strong and as we left she thanked us over and over.  Then she came to church for the first time this week!!!  I wasn't there unfortunately but I'll come to that.  She is doing great though and she has such a strong spirit!  We found a new investigator from Turkey!  She is such a sweetheart and is excited to read the Book of Mormon and find out if it is true!  She will be going into the hospital this week for a minor surgery and said we could come help her with a few things when she is out of the hospital.  We are excited for another opportunity to serve! 
Our little 10 year old Italian soon to be Täufling (someone to be baptized), is getting really excited for her baptism.  We had a really cool appointment this week at the church!  We set up a few different rooms and did a mini tour through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We started outside and talked about the wind, and how it was like our faith.  Then we told her one way we show our faith is by going to church.  And we wrote faith on the door of the church so we went into the chapel and talked about Repentance and the importance of our Savior.  And also about the Sacrament.  Then we went by the font and talked about Baptism.  We had a baptism dress hanging up by the font and pictures of Christ.  Then we sang a couple of primary songs about baptism together.  Then we went into another room and had an activity about the Holy Ghost.  He mom played the Holy Ghost and we played the voices of other people who try to make us do wrong things.  She covered her eyes and had to walk through the obstacle being led by her mothers voice.  It was a good chance for her to learn a little about how the Holy Ghost works!  The Spirit was strong and we were able to point out to her that we felt it and asked her if she could feel it to, she said she could :)  It was really fun and I hope she remembers it! 
This week for our district meeting we watched the Joseph Smith movie.  It was a wonderful opportunity to strengthen my testimony of this wonderful Prophet!  He did so much for us!  He gave his life for the Lord and for us, so that we can have the Book of Mormon, the Priesthood and Ordinances pertaining to it, the Temple and Eternal Families...overall the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its fulness again on the Earth.  I know with all my heart that this is the church of Jesus Christ.  It was restored by Him and our Heavenly Father who appeared personally to Joseph Smith.  How lucky we are to know of the truthfulness of the gospel and covenants that we need to make to come back to our Heavenly Father and live with our Families for all eternity!  It is also so wonderful when someone grasps to these truths and allows their lives to be purified in Him.  It is truly the Way that He has prepared for us, and we can return to Him when and only when we abide by it and follow the Prophet that he has on the earth today!  How blessed we are!!!
Further blessings of the week...
I was able to do my first split with members this week!  It was a lot of fun but really weird to be apart from my companion.  I went with a sweet Sister in my ward and visited some less active members.  It is so important that we are all involved in missionary work and reaching out to those who are struggling.  It can make a world of difference in someone's life!  I have learned a lot from the examples of the members here in Germany. 
This weekend, throught the support and cooperations of three other wonderful Sister missionaries (my companion who rode in a train for 10 hours in two days and the Sisters in Celle who did an exchange with us so I could be closer), I was able to attend the baptism of a man from Halberstadt!  Sister Jensen and I found him my second transfer in Halberstadt and Sister Christenson and I taught him three times a week!  I felt so eternally blessed to be able to be there and see him make this wonderful step in his life.  I was able to bear my testimony about the miracle of when we found him through his prayers and the prayers of the members and it was a wonderful reminder of how this is the Lord's work and not ours or the mission presidents or anyone else's!  He is in charge!  It was a beautiful service and he gave his testimony as well and expressed how he knew that the church was the church of Christ and that he had a lot to learn but throughout his whole life he would try to learn more and be a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!  It was absolutely wonderful!  It was also great to see the members from Halberstadt and remember the miracles we saw there!
Well I have so much to share but I feel like I have been long winded enough for this week!  Thank you so much for all of your love and support!  I am so grateful to have a wonderful family!  I thank our Heavenly Father ever day for the wonderful family I have!  Keep me posted on how you're doing :) I love to hear from you! Have a wonderful week filled with miracles (write them down!)!  I love you all!  
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment