Liebe Familie und Freunde!
It has been an amazing week! I'm sorry I didn't get to write this morning. We had some problems with the computer this morning and now we are at the home of our newest member, we got permission to use his computer to do emails this week. He is wonderful! But I apologize in advance if I have a lot of typos in this email. I am finding it difficult to think correctly in English when they are speaking German :) but I'll do my best. This week was an adventure! I love my new companion, I think she is fearless! She talks with absolutely everyone and is a wonderful example for me! We also made out a baptismal date for a father and son this week! I really hope they follow through with it and how much this gospel can do for them! Sister Christenson is from Farmington Utah, she loves chocolate, and loves being outside :) needless to say we have a lot in common! We are getting along really well! I was very sad to see Sister Jensen go though...it is wonderful that a lot of us come from Utah so that I can see them again! This week we had really wonderful appointments and finding time. I am always amazed at how many miracles can occur in one day! We were sad to have lost contact with one of our amazing investigators...we think he was a little scared. A mission is definitely full of hard times, but so many wonderful times as well. Ok I don't have as much time today, its almost time to turn in for the day, but I want to share a couple fun stories.
First: The confirmation was wonderful yesterday! I felt the Spirit so strongly and of course my mother came through and I might have shed a couple tears :) It was amazing! Haha and he is a little pill. He reminds me a little of Tim :) he pulls jokes that some people don't understand but he is really funny when you know a little bit about him! But it was amazing! Luckily...kind of...we don't have enough ward missionaries to take over teaching so we get to teach him further!
Another story: I found an African boyfriend :) haha...ok explanation. We are teaching a few people in the Foreigner Home and we met one guy named Bakeri. He is from Nigeria and speaks English so we can actually communicate with him. So this week we met with him for the first time and when we came in he gave me a gift. He didn't know Sister Christenson yet, so he said he didn't get her anything. But he said I could open in and it was a glass thing....he said it meant friends and I could put it on my desk and always remember Bakeri. So we started to teach him and talk a little bit about Africa. Then he would randomly look at my companion and say, (refering to me) "I like him." And my comp thought it was really funny that he called me a him and so she would say, "ya I like him too." Well he said that about....20 times and then he started calling me baby girl and telling my companion that he liked my eyebrows...random! So...needless to say I just stopped talking and wanted to leave, but my companion was having too much fun. We stayed for another while and finally left! But not before my companion had planned that we come back the next day to eat a traditional African food with him....oh bother.... So we went back today and ate Foofoo with him. It was good! And we ate with our hands and it got everywhere! But really good. And my companion decided to stand up for me :) she told him not to call me baby girl but to call us Sister. So then we were "his sisters." Haha, well it was a good time but I think we'll give him some time so he doesn't get the wrong idea...especially because he mentioned if he could marry an American girl and go back to Africa he definitely would...haha...funny experiences on a mission!
Awe so much has happened but I don't know what else to write...everything is starting to blend together, I'm not sure what I have already written! I love the work though! My German is getting better :) I think most people can understand me now! And I'm not as nervous to talk to people, thanks a lot to Sister Christenson as well! The Lord is definitely in charge of this work and He puts us just where we need to be! I love doing His work and in the meantime growing closer to him! I love you all! Thank you so much for your love and support! I miss you all but I am so grateful for this time here in Germany. It is where the Lord wants me right now! The church is true!
Liebe Grüße,
Sister Smisss
No comments:
Post a Comment