Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Sister Tonya Kathleen Smith

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Week 7

One more week at the MTC!!!!
Life is so amazing! Adventures are behind every turn!  That is definitely how I felt this week! 
Sister Browne continues to struggle medically, we had a couple more visits to the ER this  week and a couple to the clinic here.  Yesterday during gym time I was running and she sits on the balcony below the track.  She said that she felt dizzy so she went into the bathroom to take her pill to stop allergic reactions.  She got really dizzy, fainted, and hit her head on the wall.  Another Sister in our zone found her and woke her up.  I came in not too long after when I realized she wasn't sitting where she usually was.  After some struggle we got her to the ER again, got xrays and CAT scans and she now has a mild concussion.  I don't know what to do with her, I need to bubble wrap her and only feed her puraid fruit through a sterile straw.  She still hasn't heard her destiny of going home or not, we're awaiting that anxiously.   Please keep her in your prayers still, she needs help from both sides of the veil!
Well today we are supposed to be getting our travel plans!!! I think they give them to us so early just to distract us from the work :) and challenge us to see if we can stay on task!  Don't fret, I will do my very best!  I am very nervous to go speak to the Germans with my...not so great German so I am going to take advantage of every study moment I can!  I have learned a lot this week!  I have been studying how to better recognize the Spirit as well.  I have been able to listen to Him more effectively and recognize what I feel when He is near and trying to speak to me.  The power of study and diligent prayer is amazing!!!
I have been worried about missing so much class to stay with Sister Browne, but the branch president's wife (Sister Curtis, an amazing women!  She reminds me of my mom!) came to me the other day and told me she was thinking about me at work.  Then she had a distinct impression that I was going to be compensated for the time I spend in the room.  I needed to hear it so bad!  I'm so grateful to her and all of the other angels in my life!!  Today me and Sister Browne did sealings and one of the men in the sealing room stopped me after and told me that he didn't know why, but he knew people would listen to me and I would touch lives.  He said he didn't know if that was going to be during my mission or after, but when I spoke he said he could feel the effect I could have.  I don't know if I've ever received a better compliment!  I am on top of the world and I know with the Lord on my side, I can help Him find His children that are searching for Him!
I continue to pray for you and I hope this wonderful season brings the love of the Savior even stronger into our lives.  He truly loves and  knows us personally!!! I am nothing without Him and my agency would be meaningless!  What wonderful gifts we have from Him!  Those are the gifts that matter the most!
I love you all so much!
Love,
Sister Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment